Friday, October 8, 2010

Chelsea Coronado on the beach

Along with all the work I do, I try to get out and have some fun. That usually consist of grabbing the camera and a friend, and finding a fun place to shoot. Here is one example, I will be posting a couple more real soon.

The first was done for a friend of mine, Chelsea Coronado, to build a few pictures for her portfolio. Chelsea is a wonderful model to work with, I am not only saying that because she is a good friend but because she takes her work seriously. When we set a time to show up she is there, she has great expressions and she is great in front of the camera.

For these we went down to a beach in South Orange County. Many of the beaches in this area are really nice to shoot at. They offer many diverse landscapes that enhance the photos. For this we shot in the water at the beach, what fun that was! Well at least for me I did not get wet! For this I had brought some extra equipment in hopes that I would have someone to help me. But in the end it was just Chelsea and I so I had to make do with what I could carry. Since we were shooting right in the middle of the day I need to pack some light with me. I had brought the quantum Q flash in hopes to use it but like I said no one else to help so the SB-800 had to do the trick. I plugged the flash into the Quantum batter pack so I did not have to worry about burning through batteries. The camera of course the trusty D200 and my favorite lens my 28-70, 2.8 Nikkor lens. Post production work is done with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. Here are three shots from that summer day, hope you enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Misty A. said...

Love this one! She looks like a mermaid!