Saturday, October 9, 2010

Friends

As I make my way through life there is one thing that I know for sure, and that is I am truly blessed with having the best of friends. Now just like everyone else I have friends that come in to my life and then for one reason or another move on. But one thing that I have is a small group of friends that have been around for a long time. This is one such friend.

We met in class, it was not a big class maybe around 25 or so students, Mrs Grumm's class. Does that sound like the perfect 2nd grade teacher name? Well it was, and it was in the 2nd grade I met Elizabeth. Now I could put her 2nd grade picture up here but if I did I am sure my picture taking days may be numbered so I will skip that. What I will show you are the pictures from our first photo shoot. The name is now Liz, and it is such a fitting name for such a beautiful person. We had lost contact with each other after 8th grade but thanks to facebook we reconnected, and the friendship continues like it was never interrupted. Now I will not tell you how long ago 2nd grade was, I will just let you look at her pictures and see if you can guess.

For this first photo shoot we went to a couple of locations, first was the Disney Concert Hall in Downtown Los Angeles. The building is a marvel to behold and offers so many great places to take pictures. After that it was off to Venice. Now the weather did not want to cooperate but with an artistic eye and a great model, anything can happen. The camera body was the tried and true Nikon D200, for a majority of the shots the Nikkor 70-200 2.8 was the lens of choice. At the Disney Concert Hall, everything was shot with natural light. At the beach the clouds decided to roll in, so out came the Quantum Q-Flash to fill in the gaps. To trigger the flash I had my Pocket Wizard riding next the the SB-800 flash that was on the camera. Post production was done with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. Now I present to you, the fabulous Liz Travieso begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: