Friday, October 8, 2010

Angel of the Falls

Wow all I can say is it has been a long time since I have posted something on here. With so much going on, regular job, my photography, advertising, and just living life in general I have left little time for writing on here.

But I will fill you in on some of my latest adventures.

Another trip to Colorado and more fantastic pictures. I have to thank my very good friend Misty Ahmic, she came up with the idea of shooting by a water fall. She found the location and when we went there I was just in awe of what I saw. I knew from the minute I saw it that only good things would come from this. Beautiful rocks, rushing water and an absolutely gorgeous model, yes only good thing came from that.

We shot this around the beginning of July and the weather was really nice. That helped cause the water must have been in the low 50's! My feet were numb the moment I walked it. I am so happy Misty was a good sport in going in as far as she did. She was absolutely amazing. She was so natural posing in front of the camera.

Took along my trusty Nikon D200 and for this I needed a little wider view so the 28-70 2.8 Nikor lens was the lens of choice for this shoot. Just in case I needed a little more light the SB-800 tagged along.

Post production work is done in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CS3. What came out was a spectacular 16X20 canvas of Misty, that I will call "Angel of the Falls"

Angel of the Falls

As with most photo shoots I do I take a bunch of photos looking for that special one. In the search for that special one many more come out that are just as good as the final one I choose. Here are a few that did not make the final cut, but are still worth hanging on the wall.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And one final photo, my beautiful friend Misty considers herself non photogenic, not sexy, not worth art that hangs on the wall, well she is all of those and even more. She considers herself the goof ball next door, so in honor of that sexy geek next door i will post one more picture...

Photobucket

Thank you Misty, I love you forever! More post coming soon!

No comments: